Friday 1 May 2015

TRANSIENT MOMENTS

Like a modern day Rip Van Winkle, I walk back after years of slumber into my cobweb-filled blog. Luckily for me, everything is still the same. It's time to dust the ceilings and get the floors back to their old sparkling splendour.

It's exam time (read epiphany time). It was 8:15 am. I was walking back up the steps to my hostel room after a hurried breakfast when something outside the window stopped me and had me paralysed for one awestruck second. A full moon glinting faintly and unassumingly in the morning light below a mass of dark clouds. And behind the clouds, a punch of bright yellow that was the sun. Before I could break from my reverie and run to get my camera (as my greedy self refused to let the moment go unrecorded), it all disappeared. The mass of clouds descended over the moon, concealing it for the day and the Sun emerged dazzlingly. I waited till I became temporarily blind and then staggered back to my room. And after a long long long time, my grey matter decided to put my pen to work, much to my excitement! A poem after a million years!

Those moments
Coy and quiet
Hiding behind curtains
All but compliant.

Mischievous smiles 

And stifled laughter
A knowing that their discovery
Insists ardent chasing after.

They peep, not strike.

Unfolding daintily
Like the sun from a September sky
Coltishly and elegantly.

Unabashedly 

They rob your senses
Leaving you enraptured
Shattering your defences.

They grow more surreal

As you gape intoxicated.
And weave a memory
One unanticipated.

They depart

Just as fast.
An ephemeral episode
Dissolving into an ethereal past.

But its presence,

That you beheld astounded,
Fastens itself firmly
Never to be altered.

And you will recollect

With a drunken bafflement
The fantastic enchantment
Of those moments! 

5 comments:

  1. a poem worth waiting for! I love the way you write Vishnu you have such talent - this is just brilliant. Good luck with the exams. So good to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jacie! Your comments always overwhelm me :D I'm so glad you liked it!
      It's great to catch up after sooo long! :)

      Delete
  2. I love it..a secret admirer of your writings, also maybe you.

    ReplyDelete