Wednesday 26 September 2012

MY WHEELED COMRADE!

I met you years ago. There was no need for an introduction. I immediately fell in love with you. Our relationship began with falls and bruises. But I cherished them because I was learning to get along with someone who would eventually go on to become an important part of my life. It didn't take long for us to become great friends. A single jerk of my hand and you would do as I wished.People, places, experiences weaved in and out of my life. Ponytails became plaits and my uniform skirt became a salwar but you stayed with me through it all silently.

You’re my flying carpet, my Firebolt, my Range Rover. You have gone down with an occasional puncture but you were back up and going without any complaints once you were fixed. I've abandoned you for months together but you've never retorted. You understood always.

And now in my dire need of you, you've come back like a bright ray of sunshine, once again reminding me that there’s always hope and joy around. You’re my most faithful companion, Sun or rain. What would I do without you, my bicycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment